During the Summer I went with a friend to hear Al Fox Carraway speak and I just had to share some of my notes with you!
- You have to do your REAL TRY to experience real change.
- Choose. Choose the good or bad. CHOOSE GOOD!
- Change of mindset and perspective will change everything.
- Look for the good. You find what you are looking for.
- Trying your real try you will receive the best now. Those blessings aren’t just reserved for the eternities.
- Keep going. We are blessed for our efforts. And, if you keep going you will bless others.
- He will help you be happy now even during your struggles.
- Hard times will always be there but so will Christ.
- Go forth. Embrace the unexpected knowing who is leading you along.
- Don’t forget who’s hands your in.
- You matter. What you do matters.
- He hears you. But, He also has a lot of great things in store for you.
I hope that maybe there was something in my notes that you needed to hear.
(I can’t get any pictures to upload for the life of me so I’ll do the Highlights part in another post!)
F A V O R I T E S
- I am reading a book called Possibilities right now and I highly recommend it! It is all about creating the life you want and becoming your best self.
- This jumpsuit. I have it in black but its sold out 🙁 The trend is good you guys. I didn’t think I would be a jumpsuit/romper type of girl but its like wearing your PJ’s so I automatically love it. SO COMFY! Here are some other cute ones. 1 2 3
- I am always curious about how much sleep I’ve been getting so I am loving these 2 apps. This one has an alarm clock that you set and it will wake you up when you are in your lightest sleep and show you exactly when your in your deep sleep. This one is great because it connects to your apple watch and I feel like it’s more accurate than the other.
- THIS FACE MASK. Guys, I’ve been using this 2x weekly for like 8 weeks now and let me tell you I can tell a HUGE difference! I went home for 2 weeks during the break and didn’t take it with me and my skin was suffering haha. Best $12 everrrrr. (There is a smaller bottle for cheaper too + it lasts forever!)
I’ve got a couple blog posts in the works right now so see ya then!
Hey guys! Just wanted to stop by and share some cute ruffled pieces from the sweetest Shop Stevie reps Susie and Kate! I meet Kate this summer at BYU and we were talking about how much we loved shopping and she told me she and her mom are Shop Stevie reps. So I just wanted to share some fun pieces from their shop with you guys. Ruffles are a fun trend this year and I just loved both this lightweight top and flowy dress! I also wanted to share some of my other favorites from their site because they just have SO many cute pieces!!
Karina Ruffle Top
This top is lightweight making it a great piece for fall. I loved the fit and the RUFFLES!!
Sienna Ruffle Dress in Olive
If you know me you know that I LOVE dresses. This one is my new favorite. I love how extremely flowy and breezy it is for summer. Plus, the length and the ruffled bottom just make it better!
Brooklyn Printed Dress in Mustard
Mercedes Rose Top
Vienna Stripe Top
Bree Baby Doll Dress (I have this one and I LOVE it! Comfy. Pockets. Everyday dress. It’s great.)
Summer Dreams Dress
I wrote a blog post on my last blog (see here) about all my favorite online shops and I just reread it and decided I needed to do an updated post with all my new favorite places! I also realized that I love online shopping more than I did then so that’s….great? haha! I try to only buy things I absolute love, things that I know I can wear with multiple things, good quality items, things I can wear for years and it not go out of style (good basics?) etc. But I do enjoy retail therapy 😉
I could give you so many more but here are some of my favorite tried and true sites!
Get your PJ’s on, grab a big bowl of ice cream and have fun shopping! And, if you want you have some favorites I didn’t mention comment below and let me know! I always loving finding new places to shop 😉
Ever since I saw Banff on Pinterest it has been on the top of my bucket list. So last month we took a trip up to Montana and Banff and it was a dream come true!
Lake Louise in Banff! It really was just as beautiful as all of the pictures you see everywhere.
Lake Moriane. Seriously just as pretty as Lake Louise! The tourquise water was stunning!
We did a really cool hike in Glacier National Park called Trail of the Cedars and it was incredible! Short hike but the views where breathtaking.
View from Lake McDonald at sunset!
God truly gave us a beautiful world to live in and I am so so thankful. Oh and you know those places you go that your like “oh that is so pretty. ahhh” well that was me this whole trip. The mountains leave me in ah all the time and I am so grateful to be living among them right now!
Sorry I haven’t been posting a lot lately!! The month of June was CRAZY busy and I can’t wait to share some of my adventures with you! I just moved into BYU and LOVE it so far. Today I am just going to be sharing my favorites from the last few months since I am working on so many “highlights” posts!
-Munchin with Moguls Podcast. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Do you understand yet? Haha. She interviews all of my favorite bloggers and people and I just love the advice they give and think everyone should listen! (Think Olivia Beth, Ginger Parrish, Kornti Jean…!!)
–Barefoot Blonde extensions. I got the color Brownstone and I had to get them colored a bit to match my hair better but I love them! Super comfy and makes doing braids fun. Love her tutorials too!
-Look at this top I’ve been meaning to buy…!! It’s so cute huh? Well if you like the print here it is in a dress. So cute! Also this peplum floral top! Obsessed with all things Roolee!
-Wunderlist. Seriously a game changer in making lists. Download it now…especially if you have a mac!
–This video by Sadie Robertson…so so good.
-The Awesome with Alison newsletter and calendar (& podcast!). Check her out here.
-Also, speaking of Alison, her drink (The Alison Show) at Sodalious is to die for and I don’t even like Diet Coke so try it out!
–Chip Cookies. GUYS!!! Since moving to Utah and the city I can’t get over how many great food places there are here but thats another post for another day! Anyway if you live in SLC, Orem, or Provo defiantly get some Chip Cookies delivered hot and fresh to your door. THEY ARE AMAZING. End of story.
And thats all for today!
K so here’s the deal: I am no fashion blogger (as you can tell by my awkward posing haha) but when Cleo Madison, the cutest boutique, reached out to me and asked if I wanted to collab with them I had to say yes because, duh! When I got this dress in the mail, I put it on, and made my brother come take pictures of me on my iPhone with out even thinking that I have a cuter pair of shoes to wear with it or the fact that I didn’t even take the pony tail holder off my wrist! haha. But, THIS DRESS IS COMFYY TO THE MAX. Super super flowy and IT HAS POCKETS. The only reason I did this collab was because I love love love hearing about trendy modest online boutiques because I live in the middle of no where and online shopping is what I do! So here I am letting you know that there is an adorable boutique that you probably need something from! 😉
Here are some of my other favorite pieces from their shop!
LUNA CRISS CROSS KINGDOM & STATE SWIM KENDALL FREE TOP
Plus, they have free shipping so HAPPY SHOPPING!
This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own.
I’ve posted pictures on my Instastory a couple of times that say something like “don’t forget to read your scriptures” and 9/10 my study guide is in the picture and I get SOOO many questions about so here you go!
The Book of Mormon isn’t easy to understand. In fact it’s really hard. But I found a study guide that has been SO helpful! I understand things a lot easier and seem to remember what I read better. Seriously, I had to write a post just to tell you about it because I seriously LOVE IT! I don’t read the BOM without using it because it is just so great! I’ve been using it since March of 2016 (And I’ve been meaning to write a blog post about it since then…) and I am just about done with the 1st book! (The study guide is split into two parts.) I love how each chapter sometimes takes me a week to read yet I get SO much more out of it than if I was just reading.
It’s like worksheets for each chapter. And don’t let the word “worksheet” scare you! Each chapter the pages are different but it gives you spots to write your thoughts, principles, places to doddle the story that is taking place, etc. You read certain verses and then it will sometimes give you a question to ponder or a timeline to draw. Lots of chapters have little “tips” that help you understand what you are reading and giving you insight on who is speaking or what they are referring to. It really helps you dive into what you learning.
I honestly didn’t enjoy reading the Book of Mormon of because I didn’t understand it. I was having such a hard time getting anything out of what I was reading. Because of this study guide, it makes sense and when I am done I can say confidently that I’ve learned something. This workbook completely changed my scripture study. So if you are looking for something to help you better understand and study the Book of Mormon I highly highly recommend this study guide!
If you click HERE you go to the website where you can buy it and literally see the whole inside of the book! (Just scroll down a bit) I was going to show you some of my drawn on pages but my handwriting is horrible and you don’t want to see that 😉
When I bought mine spiral bound wasn’t an option but HOW COOL!?! Seriously, I looked on the website to get the link and pictures and was like NO FAIR! hahah! Spiral bound would be so nice!
So grab some colored pens, because that makes it so much more fun, and get studying! Gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon is incredible. So make sure you take time each day to study and learn because it will be the best thing you’ll ever do!
Hope this helps!
Photo by Christy Wright Photography
Vest – Roolee
If you didn’t already know I love lists and so I couldn’t resist putting together a quick list of what I learned in high school…so here ya go!
- DO NOT compare yourself to others. I can’t empathize this enough. The only person you should be comparing yourself to is the person you were yesterday. Seriously, once I learned this my life changed.
- Stay far farrrr away from the drama. It is not worth it. Find people that are doing more with their lives then stirring up trouble and hating on others.
- Stop hating your classmates. If you come from a small school like me you probably understand how easy it is to really dislike some people that you have every. single. class. with. But, stop hating and start loving. Get to know them, be their friend. Again, stay away from the drama but learn to have fun with your classmates. It makes school more enjoyable ya know.
- Your grades ARE important! Do your homework, care about what you are doing.
- Be good to everyone! Teachers, staff, classmates, EVERYONE. The way you treat people is noticed. Be kind and respectful.
- Wear what makes YOU happy. If that means dressing up everyday then do it. Be you.
- Be soooo grateful for your free textbooks. (and free classes) Seriously.
- Put God 1st. Put God 1st. That means go to seminary!! Learn to study the scriptures and your life will be oh so blessed. The best thing you can do is spend time with God. Put Him first and the rest will fall into place!
- Put down your phone. Seriously. High School only happens once. Enjoy it.
- Be the light. Be an example for good. People notice.
- Don’t worry what people are thinking of you. People are so worried about that themselves. BE YOU.
- Be involved! Participate!
- Study for the ACT. I never studied, and although I got into the college I wanted if I would have studied I would have probably been eligible for more scholarships. STUDY!
- Take college classes if you can. I graduated with 29 hours from my local college. I didn’t like the idea of a bunch of blow off classes so I took college classes that counted. So if your able, do it! Because it was the best thing I ever did.
- BE KIND.