This post is not sponsored and all opinions are my own.
I’ve posted pictures on my Instastory a couple of times that say something like “don’t forget to read your scriptures” and 9/10 my study guide is in the picture and I get SOOO many questions about so here you go!
The Book of Mormon isn’t easy to understand. In fact it’s really hard. But I found a study guide that has been SO helpful! I understand things a lot easier and seem to remember what I read better. Seriously, I had to write a post just to tell you about it because I seriously LOVE IT! I don’t read the BOM without using it because it is just so great! I’ve been using it since March of 2016 (And I’ve been meaning to write a blog post about it since then…) and I am just about done with the 1st book! (The study guide is split into two parts.) I love how each chapter sometimes takes me a week to read yet I get SO much more out of it than if I was just reading.
It’s like worksheets for each chapter. And don’t let the word “worksheet” scare you! Each chapter the pages are different but it gives you spots to write your thoughts, principles, places to doddle the story that is taking place, etc. You read certain verses and then it will sometimes give you a question to ponder or a timeline to draw. Lots of chapters have little “tips” that help you understand what you are reading and giving you insight on who is speaking or what they are referring to. It really helps you dive into what you learning.
I honestly didn’t enjoy reading the Book of Mormon of because I didn’t understand it. I was having such a hard time getting anything out of what I was reading. Because of this study guide, it makes sense and when I am done I can say confidently that I’ve learned something. This workbook completely changed my scripture study. So if you are looking for something to help you better understand and study the Book of Mormon I highly highly recommend this study guide!
If you click HERE you go to the website where you can buy it and literally see the whole inside of the book! (Just scroll down a bit) I was going to show you some of my drawn on pages but my handwriting is horrible and you don’t want to see that 😉
When I bought mine spiral bound wasn’t an option but HOW COOL!?! Seriously, I looked on the website to get the link and pictures and was like NO FAIR! hahah! Spiral bound would be so nice!
So grab some colored pens, because that makes it so much more fun, and get studying! Gaining a testimony of the Book of Mormon is incredible. So make sure you take time each day to study and learn because it will be the best thing you’ll ever do!
Hope this helps!
GUYS!!!! I finally finished High School! You know everyone says your senior year is the busiest and they are NOT lying! Well, I was sure I couldn’t be thattt busy so I signed up for another 12 hours of online college classes 🙂 So needless to say my excuse is once again, I’VE BEEN BUSY!! Anyway, here are some of my favorites as of lately.
F A V O R I T E S
- WALLPAPERS! Like I said in the last favorites post I love changing my wallpaper! Here are some great ones + for your phone too!
- If you didn’t already know I LOVE the Robertson’s ( the Duck Dynasty family) and John Luke’s sweet wife Mary Kate has the sweetest blog! I seriously love reading it!
- Mint Arrow. Not only do I love the amazing deals she finds, I LOVE this sweet lady behind this blog. She is always sharing her testimony about the gospel and it just makes me SO happy!
- If your an online shopper like me I highly recommend downloading the Honey extension! It finds the best coupons for you to use without having to google them!
- THIS dress from Roolee! I wore it for Baccularate and I LOVE IT!
H I G H L I G H T S
Of course there have been many highlights over the last months but here are a few!
- PROM! I had a super time at prom with these girls!
- Baccalaureate (in my Roolee dress!)
- Bye bye Oklahoma, I’m headed to BYU!
- Your class of 2017! I’ve grown up with these people and look forward to seeing where God takes them all. But, I am sure going to miss seeing them everyday!
F A V O R I T E S
- I love changing my wallpaper on my mac and I am loving all these free ones from http://www.thinkmakeshareblog.com/?s=wallpapers&submit= seriously they have some great ones!
- WHERE ARE MY BOOK LOVERS!?! This website is my new best friend! SUPER cheap books, free shipping, have TONS of books. Like I went to my library because I seriously have the longest list of books I want to read and they didn’t have ONE. But thrift books had ALL OF THEM. I know I am super excited about this but they came in way better condition than I expected, free shipping, and came super quickly!
- Awesome with Allison podcasts! She just barely released these and I am loving them so far! Highly recommend.
- Coconut and Almond Kind Bars. Okay, I think I am obsessed with KIND bars. They are my favorite!
H I G H L I G H T S
I am not going to lie this month was a super great month but it seemed like it was never going to end! The fact that Christmas was just over a month ago blows my mind. Feels like months ago… but I am so glad to be heading into February!
- Shopping and doing homework with my sweet friend Macy! It has been a crazy month full of homework among other things. She made this month the BEST! Never take good friends for granted!
- Youth Conference! I (honestly) didn’t want to go but I had the time of my life! My group was amazing, the speakers, the activities, everything was just WONDERFUL!
GUYS!! I can’t believe I haven’t gotten these posts up yet! I tell myself I will get better and not miss but then I do! Oh well, better late then never.
F A V O R I T E S
+ This sweater ! It is SO warm and cozy. Seriously I love it! and this online store is awesome! The picture I do have of me wearing it will NOT upload…:(
+ Sally Hansen Extreme Wear Nail Polish. i paint my nails ALL THE TIME. Ihave used every kind of nail polish. Essie, OPI, all of them. No polish dries as fast or stays on as long as this kind. Plus it only takes ONE coat, not three. winner.
+ tarte eyeshadow in bloom palette thanks to everyones advice on IG about naked vs. tarte!
H I G H L I G H T S
+ Doing a Color Run! I haven’t ran in the last year or since this run but I made it and it was sure colorful!
+ Youth Temple Trip in Dallas
+ THANKSGIVING! We all know how great Thanksgiving is so…
+ Going to Vegas to the NFR with my Dad. We also visited SUU and Dixie…
+ Finally getting my senior pictures done! I got to see a sneak peak and I am in LOVE! Can’t wait to share the rest of them with you! ( Shoutout to the amazing Christy Wright Photography )
+ CHRISTMAS!! I just love the Christmas spirit. Everyone seems to be just a bit kinder, a just a little bit more cheerful than normal.
until next time,
Hi! I am still here, alive and well! Hope you are all doing well and good too! I can’t believe that it is the 22nd of October and I just know getting around to post this. Remember my goal last month was to blog more… (not just MPT’s)…haha. I say this all the time but my life is SO busy right now and I am pretty sure that I could write pages of things (excuses I guess you could say) of why I haven’t blogged recently. I really miss it and maybe just maybe November will be my month! Anyways here are my September favs!
f a v o r i t e s
- Hunter Boot Spray. Guys if you own a pair on Hunter boots and you don’t own this stuff. Go to here and buy you some. (that as cheap as it gets) LIFE CHANGING. It really does make your boots look b r a n d new.
- Reece’s FastBreak. I hadn’t tired one until recently and they are my new favorite! Not that I need a new favorite candy bar….
- Brazilian Blowout hair treatment. If you’ve been following my blog for awhile now you know how my hair gets so frizzy and never stays in this Oklahoma humidity and I don’t honestly know why I waited so long to get one. (Besides the fact that they are slightly on the pricey side…) Guys I don’t have to do my hair anymore, it looks way healthier, and it will last about 6 months (hopefully)
(the picture on the right was right after the treatment so it has more of its curl back now)
- Maxwell! Guys this online shop is too cute for words. I am loving all the stuff they have posted! Hurry and get your favorite thing because there not there for long.
h i g h l i g h t s
- We took our Senior pictures at school and I am still in complete shock that I am a Senior!! It just gets more real each day though…
- Our grandparents came to visit and man they are great! Love them lots!!
- My mom and my sister and few friends went to Sadie Robertson’s Live Original tour in Dallas and it was great! I wish I could sit down and have lunch with all of them because they are such wise kids!
- #ldsconf was GREAT! They always seem to know just what I need to hear and it is always such a refreshing weekend!
And that was my month! I hope you all had a great September! Be looking for my October favorites + highlights soon. 😉
what a great month its been! i’m sorry i’ve been slacking on my post writing but i’ve been trying to get in the routine of school and such. i’ll do better this month though! also i just realized that i didn’t take hardly ANY photos at all so here’s another picture of hawaii.
F A V O R I T E S
+ shine text messages. every morning you get a inspiring text message and its great! you can sign up at shinetext.com
+ light pink. lately this has been my go to color.
+ this new era article by elder holland. its called the quest for happiness and its basically the recipe to happiness.
+ the sadie app. its sadie robertson’s app and its great. (if you want to read a post i wrote about sadie click here ) i’m loving her live videos and i really loved a devo she did. defiantly check it out!
+ berry kix cereal. SO good. + they are super healthy and no artificial crap!
H I G H L I G H T S
+ school started! its my last year and i am defiantly ready for the next chapter of my life!
+ seminary started! yay! i really do enjoy seminary and i have an excellent teacher!
+ my cousin is auditioning to sing the national anthem at the NFR so please go vote for her here (Sage Albrecht) it would mean a lot to us as this has been her dream for years! and if you know me you know that i am all about pursuing dreams!
+ went on a kayak trip with the yw and ym and it was so fun! and the pizza after was fabulous! 😉
+ learned about ryan andrew stream and his incredible story and wow! what an amazing person and story. defiantly go check his instagram out — @ryanandrewstream
+ earthquake. (as if you haven’t heard about it everywhere) i hate earthquakes and this was defiantly the biggest and longest earthquake i’ve ever felt. it woke me up. ekkk
see ya next post
at first when duck dynasty came on, i immediately fell in love with the robertsons, especially sadie because she is close in age and lived a somewhat similar lifestyle. (didn’t live in the city and knew about country living and working hard for what you want) but, i wouldn’t let myself get too attached to her and her family because i was afraid that within a couple of years that they would be like any other family on tv and it would be all about the fame and fortune. (thank you hannah montana for making me apprehensive about celebrities.)
after a little while and following the whole family on instagram i realized that they were NOT like everyone else and that they were wholehearted Christians. and sadie became a HUGE role model to me. and then she got on dancing with stars and i got a tad bit worried that this was when the fame and fortune would take over but she only proved me wrong and continued to be an amazing example and role model.
then it was one great thing after another: her book, youtube videos (that are AMAZING by the way), another book, the live original tour which i am SO excited about, all of her mission trips, god’s not dead 2, and on and on.
but i am not here to tell you about her accomplishments. i am here to tell you that we need more good role models like her in this world– so be one. be a light. and don’t be afraid to stand up for what you believe in. do good. be good. and never forget to dream big and work hard. and always l i v e o r i g i n a l because God created you SO perfectly.
JULY!! What a good month. Thank goodness it didn’t fly by as fast as June. Seriously I start school on August 4th… so summer is about over for me but I am ready for fall so yay! (Isn’t is weird how we refer to summer as the time when we aren’t in school? or is that just me?)
- This video. Oh my it is so beautiful. My grandma taught it to my cousins who are 3, 4, & 5 and they can all sing it all the way through and it is the most precious thing ever. It is really good about teaching the basics of Christ’s atonement.
- Peplums. I’ve realized that like 95% of the shirts I’ve bought in the last year are peplums. I hope they never go out of style because I love them and have way too many of them. (You can find them anywhere really.)
- Chocolate Teddy Grams. I forgot how much I loved them. Defiantly not just a kids treat. 😉
I am wanting to capture more of my life on here so along with favorites I am going to do a monthly highlights as well. So here I my July highlights!
- UTAH. So part of my Utah trip was in June. But my favorite things about Utah during July were…ahahaha I’ll be doing a post about this soon! 😉
- I TURNED 17! Only one more year till I am officially an ADULT. Which is absolutely crazy to think about.
- HAWAII. My family and I went to Hawaii and let’s just say I am in love. I will be doing a full blog post about this soon so I don’t want to spoil anything here. 🙂
- COUSINS. My cousins came for a short visit! (Like 24hrs short)
Now, normally my highlights will be more “everyday” things but this month was FABULOUS! What were your July highlights and favorites? -halee
It feels so good to be back blogging. I am going to make a special effort to post more frequently on this new blog. I want this site to be full of thoughts to inspire & motivate. (my blog tag line if you didn’t already know)
I know I usually don’t have a very long list of favorites so this month in order to make sure I am keeping up with the goal I just mentioned of posting more frequently I made an extra effort to write down my favorite things right when I think of them…because we all know that I don’t write it down I’ll probably forget.