at first when duck dynasty came on, i immediately fell in love with the robertsons, especially sadie because she is close in age and lived a somewhat similar lifestyle. (didn’t live in the city and knew about country living and working hard for what you want) but, i wouldn’t let myself get too attached to her and her family because i was afraid that within a couple of years that they would be like any other family on tv and it would be all about the fame and fortune. (thank you hannah montana for making me apprehensive about celebrities.)
after a little while and following the whole family on instagram i realized that they were NOT like everyone else and that they were wholehearted Christians. and sadie became a HUGE role model to me. and then she got on dancing with stars and i got a tad bit worried that this was when the fame and fortune would take over but she only proved me wrong and continued to be an amazing example and role model.
then it was one great thing after another: her book, youtube videos (that are AMAZING by the way), another book, the live original tour which i am SO excited about, all of her mission trips, god’s not dead 2, and on and on.
but i am not here to tell you about her accomplishments. i am here to tell you that we need more good role models like her in this world– so be one. be a light. and don’t be afraid to stand up for what you believe in. do good. be good. and never forget to dream big and work hard. and always l i v e o r i g i n a l because God created you SO perfectly.
JULY!! What a good month. Thank goodness it didn’t fly by as fast as June. Seriously I start school on August 4th… so summer is about over for me but I am ready for fall so yay! (Isn’t is weird how we refer to summer as the time when we aren’t in school? or is that just me?)
- This video. Oh my it is so beautiful. My grandma taught it to my cousins who are 3, 4, & 5 and they can all sing it all the way through and it is the most precious thing ever. It is really good about teaching the basics of Christ’s atonement.
- Peplums. I’ve realized that like 95% of the shirts I’ve bought in the last year are peplums. I hope they never go out of style because I love them and have way too many of them. (You can find them anywhere really.)
- Chocolate Teddy Grams. I forgot how much I loved them. Defiantly not just a kids treat. 😉
I am wanting to capture more of my life on here so along with favorites I am going to do a monthly highlights as well. So here I my July highlights!
- UTAH. So part of my Utah trip was in June. But my favorite things about Utah during July were…ahahaha I’ll be doing a post about this soon! 😉
- I TURNED 17! Only one more year till I am officially an ADULT. Which is absolutely crazy to think about.
- HAWAII. My family and I went to Hawaii and let’s just say I am in love. I will be doing a full blog post about this soon so I don’t want to spoil anything here. 🙂
- COUSINS. My cousins came for a short visit! (Like 24hrs short)
Now, normally my highlights will be more “everyday” things but this month was FABULOUS! What were your July highlights and favorites? -halee
It feels so good to be back blogging. I am going to make a special effort to post more frequently on this new blog. I want this site to be full of thoughts to inspire & motivate. (my blog tag line if you didn’t already know)
I know I usually don’t have a very long list of favorites so this month in order to make sure I am keeping up with the goal I just mentioned of posting more frequently I made an extra effort to write down my favorite things right when I think of them…because we all know that I don’t write it down I’ll probably forget.