Photo by Christy Wright Photography
Vest – Roolee
If you didn’t already know I love lists and so I couldn’t resist putting together a quick list of what I learned in high school…so here ya go!
- DO NOT compare yourself to others. I can’t empathize this enough. The only person you should be comparing yourself to is the person you were yesterday. Seriously, once I learned this my life changed.
- Stay far farrrr away from the drama. It is not worth it. Find people that are doing more with their lives then stirring up trouble and hating on others.
- Stop hating your classmates. If you come from a small school like me you probably understand how easy it is to really dislike some people that you have every. single. class. with. But, stop hating and start loving. Get to know them, be their friend. Again, stay away from the drama but learn to have fun with your classmates. It makes school more enjoyable ya know.
- Your grades ARE important! Do your homework, care about what you are doing.
- Be good to everyone! Teachers, staff, classmates, EVERYONE. The way you treat people is noticed. Be kind and respectful.
- Wear what makes YOU happy. If that means dressing up everyday then do it. Be you.
- Be soooo grateful for your free textbooks. (and free classes) Seriously.
- Put God 1st. Put God 1st. That means go to seminary!! Learn to study the scriptures and your life will be oh so blessed. The best thing you can do is spend time with God. Put Him first and the rest will fall into place!
- Put down your phone. Seriously. High School only happens once. Enjoy it.
- Be the light. Be an example for good. People notice.
- Don’t worry what people are thinking of you. People are so worried about that themselves. BE YOU.
- Be involved! Participate!
- Study for the ACT. I never studied, and although I got into the college I wanted if I would have studied I would have probably been eligible for more scholarships. STUDY!
- Take college classes if you can. I graduated with 29 hours from my local college. I didn’t like the idea of a bunch of blow off classes so I took college classes that counted. So if your able, do it! Because it was the best thing I ever did.
- BE KIND.
photo by the lovely christywrightphotography.com
Everyone’s goals for 2017 keep popping up in my bloglovin’ feed so I just have to share mine too! I LOVE the new year and any chance I can get to set new goals and refocus. I am still trying to decide what ONE thing I want to work on in 2017 is but I haven’t pin pointed it quite yet. So here are some of my goals for this great new year! [in no particular order]
- take more pictures. i really want to blog more about life but pictures are sooo important (because let’s be honest that is the best part.) so i want to take more pictures and be in more of them. haha! i’ve just learned manual on my camera and i want to become more comfortable with it.
- put the gospel first. no matter how busy i want Christ to be the center of my life. and take more time for meaningful prayers.
- make lots of good friends! going off to college this year can be scary but I want to make it a good time and gain many good friendships. talk to people. go to events. stop worrying about what others [might] think about me.
- blog once a month. post on HT’s IG at least once a week. taking 12 hrs of college + being stuco president + class secretary + about a million other things…. has made me have less time for HT’s and I want to at least keep it up. Even if it’s only once a week.
- stop procrastinating! it stresses me out and yet i’ve had days to work on whatever it is. this is something I really need to work on.
- enjoy each and every day. the slow ones. the hard ones. the busy ones. the good ones. i find myself saying, “oh ill be happy when assignment is done or when i get to do this” too much. this year i am going to learn to enjoy the journey no matter what.
- keep up with piano. i learned sooo much this year on the piano and i don’t want to stop learning when i go to college and get busy. be able to play 50 hymns. (children’s’ and/or hymns)
- write in my journal more. even if it is just one line. its an exciting time in my life and i want document it more.
- get all A’s! this is a goal I’ve always had for myself for as long as I can remember. so it is something I want to keep up with especially as I finish High School.
- pop only 2x a month. dr. pepper is my weakness! maybe (just maybe) start exercising regularly. and ya know eat more greens and less fired yummy stuff.
- spend time & money more wisely. this sorta goes along with my “stop procrastinating” goal but i want to read more and spend less time on social media. and as far as spending money more wisely i am all about retail therapy.. but i defiantly want to remember “quality vs. quantity.”
I have the feeling that 2017 is going to be the best year yet! Now tell me your goals in the comments! 😉
I love the New Year almost as much as I love Christmas (which is a lot). Something about a fresh clean start at the beginning of a new year is SO refreshing. I love being able to refocus on what is truly important in my life and making sure I am on the right track to becoming what the Savior wants me to become. Here are a few things I do each year to help me set new goals and refocus.
Each year I add and take away from things on this list but I’ll list all so you can choose some to implement in your new years resolution setting.
+ Read this article by M. Russell Ballard about goals and the impact your thoughts really do have on your life. I stumbled upon it awhile ago and fell in love with it!
+ Get a new planner! Seriously I am one of those crazy planner girls who writes everything down and takes it everywhere! They have cheap (& cute) ones at Target and Walgreens. I then put my goal list, vision board, prayer list, picture of Christ, etc, etc. Just make it your own. Make it fun and personal. If you don’t think you’d ever use a planner make sure to place your goals somewhere were you will see it OFTEN, if not daily.
+ Read my patriarchal blessing and look for qualities I need to start developing or things I could start working on.
+ Make a new vision board. Seriously I hope everyone has a vision board with picture of things and goals you want to reach or do in your life. If you need inspiration check PINTEREST! There are so many ways to them unique and personal but I love to use http://picmonkey.com and do a collage so I can print it out and put it in multiple spots like my closet and my planner.
Happy New Years EVE!
GUYS!! I can’t believe I haven’t gotten these posts up yet! I tell myself I will get better and not miss but then I do! Oh well, better late then never.
F A V O R I T E S
+ This sweater ! It is SO warm and cozy. Seriously I love it! and this online store is awesome! The picture I do have of me wearing it will NOT upload…:(
+ Sally Hansen Extreme Wear Nail Polish. i paint my nails ALL THE TIME. Ihave used every kind of nail polish. Essie, OPI, all of them. No polish dries as fast or stays on as long as this kind. Plus it only takes ONE coat, not three. winner.
+ tarte eyeshadow in bloom palette thanks to everyones advice on IG about naked vs. tarte!
H I G H L I G H T S
+ Doing a Color Run! I haven’t ran in the last year or since this run but I made it and it was sure colorful!
+ Youth Temple Trip in Dallas
+ THANKSGIVING! We all know how great Thanksgiving is so…
+ Going to Vegas to the NFR with my Dad. We also visited SUU and Dixie…
+ Finally getting my senior pictures done! I got to see a sneak peak and I am in LOVE! Can’t wait to share the rest of them with you! ( Shoutout to the amazing Christy Wright Photography )
+ CHRISTMAS!! I just love the Christmas spirit. Everyone seems to be just a bit kinder, a just a little bit more cheerful than normal.
until next time,
for our family vacation this year we decided to go to maui hawaii. it was an absolute blast and i am pretty sure it was one of my favorite places we have ever been. so here is just rundown of what we did and lots of photos for all the people asking! (and because I am way to lazy to write all this in my journal.)
day 1//arrived at noon so we just hung out on the beach.
day 2//surf lessons for carlee and jarrett. (i was going to do parasailing on saturday instead but topical storm darby kind of ruined that for me.) shopped in lahina.
day 3//went on a catamaran and went snorkeling. saw a couple of turtles on the ride there but none when we got into the water. there was TONS of fish & i even saw a black and white polka dotted eel. then we went to a luau which honestly was not what we expected.
day 4//chilled at the resort because of topical storm darby.
day 5//went to church in lahina. we pulled up to a church and went inside and it was a tongan speaking ward so we had to go find the english speaking one! (isn’t is great how the church is the same no matter where in the world you go?!)
day 6//did the famous road to hana which was my absolute favorite. see pictures to understand.
oh and if you go to Maui go to Duke’s and eat and get the Hula Pie. I promise your life will be changed for the better.
-EFY at the U
-seeing my cousins
-doing baptisms in the provo city center temple and slc
-eating cafe rio
-stadium of fire
-trying on a 135 thousand dollar wedding ring and band at Tiffany’s
-temple square meet up
(I know, I should have blogged about this weeks ago, but better late then never right?)
I love girls camp! It’s absolutely a life changing experience. There’s nothing like being with 100+ girls who all believe the same thing you do. So if your debating on whether or not to go — GO. You will come back with a stronger testimony of this wonderful gospel + you’ll be able to sing “Mormon boys.” 😉
I was so sad this was my last year but I am grateful to have all the girls camp memories I have. I meant sorta sad, I mean I won’t have to sleep in a sleeping bag ever again sooo ya know.
I just want everyone to know that our lovely cabin had a fabulous dance party at 2 am. I promise you’ve never heard Blank Space sung so loud in your life. Us Mormon girls know how to sing T-Swift. Sorry, you missed out, I’ll invite you next time.