During the Summer I went with a friend to hear Al Fox Carraway speak and I just had to share some of my notes with you!
- You have to do your REAL TRY to experience real change.
- Choose. Choose the good or bad. CHOOSE GOOD!
- Change of mindset and perspective will change everything.
- Look for the good. You find what you are looking for.
- Trying your real try you will receive the best now. Those blessings aren’t just reserved for the eternities.
- Keep going. We are blessed for our efforts. And, if you keep going you will bless others.
- He will help you be happy now even during your struggles.
- Hard times will always be there but so will Christ.
- Go forth. Embrace the unexpected knowing who is leading you along.
- Don’t forget who’s hands your in.
- You matter. What you do matters.
- He hears you. But, He also has a lot of great things in store for you.
I hope that maybe there was something in my notes that you needed to hear.
(photo credit: Christy Wright Photography)
- We can not judge people. It’s not our place and we do not understand what is really going on. Love people. Treat them with the kindness and respect that they deserve. It might be cool to talk about why so and so sucks but it’s really not! Love everyone and leave the judging up to Christ.
- People matter. Things don’t matter if you don’t have people there. Stop casing money and things and enjoy the people around you! We all look back at certain times & wish we would have spend more time with some certain people so be there now. Enjoy them now before it is too late. You’ll never regret spending time with those you love.
- Social media is not real life. What one person might see as the “perfect photo” is the same photo that took 100 times to get just right. Only the person that posted the picture knows the true feeling and meaning behind it. People often only post their best on social media…. so remember don’t judge your worst with someones best.
- The days are long and years are short. I can’t tell you how true this has become in the last few years, especially this year being my last year in high school. Embrace now! Love where you at in life right now because it really does fly by.
love you all and I can’t wait to get caught back up on the blog!
Hi friends! I keep trying to remember that only the things I make a priority are going to get done because of my crazy schedule. (Aka, I am going to reevaluate my priorities again and get back blogging!) But, here I am checking in to let you know that life is great and I am getting ready to graduate and begin a new chapter in my life which I am incredible excited about!
I got accepted to BYU and will begin summer semester. I am unsure of what I will be studying right now but hopefully after a little while I will have a general direction that I want to head into.
But anyway I just wanted to write 2 little messages of you all.
1. I just wanted to remind you all that although we may be scared of the unknown or fearful of change we don’t need to be. The Lord is right there with us. One of my favorite scriptures- Jeremiah 1:9 says,
Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
How great of a promise is that? He will be with us where ever we go! Change can be hard and scary sometimes but embrace it and go knowing the the Lord is with you. You will never be alone!
2.One thing that gets me through any day and helps remind me that I am never alone or forgotten is to find the tender mercies that our kind Heavenly Father has blessed me with. T h e y a r e t h e r e. Usually it’s the tiniest things like getting a letter in the mail, having a little bit of extra time to watch my favorite show on Netflix, or even seeing someone I know. I always write down the tender mercies of the Lord each night just like President Eyring does. And by the end of the night it can be hard to think back but seriously include in your morning prayers that you will be able to notice the tender mercies throughout your day because they really make my day better. I can honestly say that after I have started taking the time to notice and thank Him for blessing me I have a better day.
I know my thoughts are all jumbled and random but I really felt the need to share those two thoughts with you today!