During the Summer I went with a friend to hear Al Fox Carraway speak and I just had to share some of my notes with you!
- You have to do your REAL TRY to experience real change.
- Choose. Choose the good or bad. CHOOSE GOOD!
- Change of mindset and perspective will change everything.
- Look for the good. You find what you are looking for.
- Trying your real try you will receive the best now. Those blessings aren’t just reserved for the eternities.
- Keep going. We are blessed for our efforts. And, if you keep going you will bless others.
- He will help you be happy now even during your struggles.
- Hard times will always be there but so will Christ.
- Go forth. Embrace the unexpected knowing who is leading you along.
- Don’t forget who’s hands your in.
- You matter. What you do matters.
- He hears you. But, He also has a lot of great things in store for you.
I hope that maybe there was something in my notes that you needed to hear.
Happy Monday! Today’s pep talk is shorter and to the point and not what you voted on but I felt like I needed to share this short message this week.
If you ever feel like there is no use in keeping the commandment, which we all do sometimes, keep reading.
I could give you hundreds of reasons of why keeping the commandments is important, with the main one being because we love our Savior, but you don’t want to read a list of things you already know. So I am just going to suggest one thing: if you are struggling to find a reason to keep the commandments (or just one) go and read your patriarchal blessing. (If you don’t have your patriarchal blessing maybe you should think and pray about getting it.)
The reason I am suggesting to read your patriarchal blessing is because it tells us the blessings we WILL receive if we do our part and keep the commandments. When you read your patriarchal blessing (or at least when I read mine) I want to be a better person and try harder to keep the commandments because I want to become the person Heavenly Father wants and needs me to become. So try it. Next time you are having hard time trying to keep the commandments just take a couple of minutes and go read it.