(Also, I have this image as a computer screensaver and for an iPhone wallpaper. If you want them shoot me an email and I’ll email them to you!)
I don’t know if you remember but last year I choose a word to focus on throughout the year. I set some of my goals for the year around my word to help me focus on it and I can honestly say that it was a great idea. My word for last year was ENJOY. With so much of my life changing I wanted to be able to enjoy the journey more and fully embrace all the opportunities that God had placed in my path. Looking back I can see that because I took more time to enjoy the journey I was able to see God’s hand in my everyday life. He is real and He is involved in so much more of your life than you ever thought possible. But, I was only able to see this when I was enjoying the moment and not focusing so much on the future.
So this year I choose the word TRUST. I want to put my trust in the Lord and His plan for me even when it’s not what I want. I know that when I put my trust in Him this year I will be able to look back and see that He truly has a plan for me and that everything worked out the way it was supposed to.
I want you to take a few minutes and think about something you need to work on and a word that embodies that and then take a day or two and pray about it. I know that as we set goals and strive to be better the Lord will help us become the person He wants us to be.
Share your word of the year below!
photo by the lovely christywrightphotography.com
Everyone’s goals for 2017 keep popping up in my bloglovin’ feed so I just have to share mine too! I LOVE the new year and any chance I can get to set new goals and refocus. I am still trying to decide what ONE thing I want to work on in 2017 is but I haven’t pin pointed it quite yet. So here are some of my goals for this great new year! [in no particular order]
- take more pictures. i really want to blog more about life but pictures are sooo important (because let’s be honest that is the best part.) so i want to take more pictures and be in more of them. haha! i’ve just learned manual on my camera and i want to become more comfortable with it.
- put the gospel first. no matter how busy i want Christ to be the center of my life. and take more time for meaningful prayers.
- make lots of good friends! going off to college this year can be scary but I want to make it a good time and gain many good friendships. talk to people. go to events. stop worrying about what others [might] think about me.
- blog once a month. post on HT’s IG at least once a week. taking 12 hrs of college + being stuco president + class secretary + about a million other things…. has made me have less time for HT’s and I want to at least keep it up. Even if it’s only once a week.
- stop procrastinating! it stresses me out and yet i’ve had days to work on whatever it is. this is something I really need to work on.
- enjoy each and every day. the slow ones. the hard ones. the busy ones. the good ones. i find myself saying, “oh ill be happy when assignment is done or when i get to do this” too much. this year i am going to learn to enjoy the journey no matter what.
- keep up with piano. i learned sooo much this year on the piano and i don’t want to stop learning when i go to college and get busy. be able to play 50 hymns. (children’s’ and/or hymns)
- write in my journal more. even if it is just one line. its an exciting time in my life and i want document it more.
- get all A’s! this is a goal I’ve always had for myself for as long as I can remember. so it is something I want to keep up with especially as I finish High School.
- pop only 2x a month. dr. pepper is my weakness! maybe (just maybe) start exercising regularly. and ya know eat more greens and less fired yummy stuff.
- spend time & money more wisely. this sorta goes along with my “stop procrastinating” goal but i want to read more and spend less time on social media. and as far as spending money more wisely i am all about retail therapy.. but i defiantly want to remember “quality vs. quantity.”
I have the feeling that 2017 is going to be the best year yet! Now tell me your goals in the comments! 😉