During the Summer I went with a friend to hear Al Fox Carraway speak and I just had to share some of my notes with you!
- You have to do your REAL TRY to experience real change.
- Choose. Choose the good or bad. CHOOSE GOOD!
- Change of mindset and perspective will change everything.
- Look for the good. You find what you are looking for.
- Trying your real try you will receive the best now. Those blessings aren’t just reserved for the eternities.
- Keep going. We are blessed for our efforts. And, if you keep going you will bless others.
- He will help you be happy now even during your struggles.
- Hard times will always be there but so will Christ.
- Go forth. Embrace the unexpected knowing who is leading you along.
- Don’t forget who’s hands your in.
- You matter. What you do matters.
- He hears you. But, He also has a lot of great things in store for you.
I hope that maybe there was something in my notes that you needed to hear.
Photo by Christy Wright Photography
Vest – Roolee
If you didn’t already know I love lists and so I couldn’t resist putting together a quick list of what I learned in high school…so here ya go!
- DO NOT compare yourself to others. I can’t empathize this enough. The only person you should be comparing yourself to is the person you were yesterday. Seriously, once I learned this my life changed.
- Stay far farrrr away from the drama. It is not worth it. Find people that are doing more with their lives then stirring up trouble and hating on others.
- Stop hating your classmates. If you come from a small school like me you probably understand how easy it is to really dislike some people that you have every. single. class. with. But, stop hating and start loving. Get to know them, be their friend. Again, stay away from the drama but learn to have fun with your classmates. It makes school more enjoyable ya know.
- Your grades ARE important! Do your homework, care about what you are doing.
- Be good to everyone! Teachers, staff, classmates, EVERYONE. The way you treat people is noticed. Be kind and respectful.
- Wear what makes YOU happy. If that means dressing up everyday then do it. Be you.
- Be soooo grateful for your free textbooks. (and free classes) Seriously.
- Put God 1st. Put God 1st. That means go to seminary!! Learn to study the scriptures and your life will be oh so blessed. The best thing you can do is spend time with God. Put Him first and the rest will fall into place!
- Put down your phone. Seriously. High School only happens once. Enjoy it.
- Be the light. Be an example for good. People notice.
- Don’t worry what people are thinking of you. People are so worried about that themselves. BE YOU.
- Be involved! Participate!
- Study for the ACT. I never studied, and although I got into the college I wanted if I would have studied I would have probably been eligible for more scholarships. STUDY!
- Take college classes if you can. I graduated with 29 hours from my local college. I didn’t like the idea of a bunch of blow off classes so I took college classes that counted. So if your able, do it! Because it was the best thing I ever did.
- BE KIND.